Grounds Maintenance Supervisor
Train and supervise a crew of “diversely abled” individuals maintaining the award-winning Rest Areas in Lake Mills and Johnson Creek!
Opportunities, Inc. provides work training and advancement in the custodial field in partnership with the Department of Transportation (DOT) Rest Area Maintenance (RAM) Program.
The Ground Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for a variety of outdoor and indoor work to include:
- Maintaining a safe environment for travelers and workers
- Safe and efficient operation of equipment and use cleaning supplies
- Train crew on proper cleaning techniques and the development of their effective work habits
- Lawn and landscape care and snow removal
- Inventory control of supplies and equipment
- Assessment of facility maintenance needs
- Perform minor repairs
- Update Preventative Maintenance (PM) log
- Work with contractors on maintenance projects beyond contract scope
- Accurate record keeping and reporting as required by the DOT
- Meet contract compliance and standards
- Other duties as assigned
Selected candidate must have general knowledge and previous experience in building and grounds upkeep, high school diploma or equivalent. Will have basic electrical, small engine, plumbing knowledge. Experience working with physically and cognitively challenged individuals is preferred, however, if you just like to help people succeed in their work – this could be your calling!
Routine exposure to nature’s elements (high-visibility outerwear is provided!). Must be able to perform full range of motion including considerable walking, standing, bending and lifting (up to 50lbs). Must have a valid driver license and proof of vehicle insurance.
Apply online at www.oppinc.com